Sunday, July 16, 2006

Our helper

Brought our helper back home with us today. I wonder how she feels right now. First thing she told me when she had the chance to stand next to me while waiting for hubby to drive the car down was "I am very lucky Sir and Mdm very good. I will work very hard." Okay... dunno if she's trying psychology on me but I took the opportunity to explain that as long as she takes our instructions and corrections in a positive attitude, it will help her in her work eventually.

Good to know that she's trying to learn some chinese as well. So far she can manage calling "ah ma, ah pa, lao shi etc..." and I must say her pronunciation is good. And her English is of satisfactory level. She understands me most of the time. Which is good.. coz' I don't have to find a translator to help me with an Indonesian helper. (my helper's from Myanmar)Most importantly too, is she was not afraid when dealing with Athena. When I asked her, she told me she's taken care of baby before. And her nieces and nephews are of her age. Which probably explains that she was able to go down to Athena's level.

Told her to unpack her bag while I take a shower. She asked to sweep and mop the floor after I got out. Then did a talk with her. And didn't want to scare her with so many things at one go, so I will have to guide her slowly. Too many things eg.safety; using appliances in the house to explain. Anyway, she just helped with Athena's laundry and helped to iron hubby's shirts/pant. Told her to progressively take some shirts/pants to iron when she has the free time.

So far so good, Athena is playing with her now. Which give me time to blog away.And Athena must be really happy coz' she gets company to play with, instead of mummy asking her to do assesment books;study;or read. Haha!

It's off to mom's place tomorrow to learn cooking.

Ps: Can't believe Athena actually asked her this question upfront 2 minutes ago. When I was showering her, she asked "mummy why is Aunty Zet so black black?" Told her never to ask Aunty Zet as it's rude. But then she tried once when she was ironing clothes, which I dunno if she understood what was being said. And I changed subject. Then 2 mins ago, she asked the question again. Which I had to correct her and asked her to apologize.

No comments: