Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Cute Christmas bakes and Xmas Lunch rants

These cookies are so so cute, I bookmarked these for reference some time in October. Just bake them for fun; decorate it with lil’ one to keep her busy and then give them away. If brother is to host Christmas this year for us and their friends, we can bring it over to them for more people to share (aka more people to taste our horrible cookies). 





credits given to these talented bakers : Glorious Treats, Food Lover, Tammy Hunziker, Jenkitchenco and Kims Five Things 

My baking plans scrapped
Initially thought I could use one or two of the ‘only 11 to 12 days’ we are in Singapore to bake. But never got the chance.  Hubby mentioned about hosting a Christmas lunch, it was 2 days before our BKK departure, so I reckon I had other more pressing things to do than the bor-liao cookies. 

When we got back, I took some time after housework to go through catering lists, online research on places to order festive goodies etc.. plus sometimes I was a little distracted over transferring the BKK photos over to laptop. Managed to order the festive food from CS, desserts and hubby says he’ll settle the rests. I’ll be preparing some other simple stuffs. 

Over 3 days with lil’ one tagging along on 2 days (and I can’t get much errands done with her), I went to get some Christmas decorations and look-see-look-see in supermarkets. 

Managed to do simple decoration in the house. I wouldn’t want to exert myself after our trip, will need the energy to clean the house and wash the laundry and luggage bags.

When I finally said “k, we can bake now”, I realised we finished the eggs a fews days before. We’re only left with 6 days, can we finish up the remaining 10 eggs? I don’t cook now, which is really strange coz I’m suppose to try out the Thermomix after her N’s. 

Will I have the time to bake the time we get home on 22nd afternoon? Only left with 23rd and 24th, nah…no time to bake. I need time to decorate the cookies too! Maybe that will be something I can do next year, or maybe we’re spending a white Christmas in NYC then? 

German machine to the rescue for Christmas lunch? 

Deutsche Maschine zur Zubereitung deutscher Snacks.

I miss my gebrannte mandeln, have the intention to make it with the Thermomix. If only we’re in 🇩🇪  this year. Speaking of the Thermomix, I haven’t even cooked anything with it yet so will that be the first item I make? Made a trip down to German Market to get vanilla sugar. (Suppose to buy 1 item, I bought 13 other rubbish😜)

As for the Christmas food, I’m still thinking if I should whip dishes with the Thermomix. So tempted to show off my (fake good) culinary skills but I can’t look as good as Martha Stewart hosting after cooking leh. Actually I’m quite stressed thinking about whipping something up for a gathering with no trials 😅 prior. What if I fail, we’ll have to order delivery instead. Quite embarrassing right? 

Party planning
Though I love to plan the girls’ birthday parties and make so much preparation with the favours, plan games, DIY personalised decorations etc.. all so ugly also can 骗小孩.
Christmas party if I want to go all the way out to personalize and decorate, I need lots of time and need to look nice. But no adults will appreciate all these so I better save my energy, just hang a few bells here and there can already.

My ideal Christmas gathering
Is one where :
1) food are placed in nice elegant plates on the dining table
In reality : - We have no nice plates. Remember I wished I can only have 4 sets of crockeries and cutleries to keep my house to the minimum? Don’t ask me to buy more plates when it’s going to be a white elephant after that. I have to deal with the kitchen renovation next year, so please give me lesser items to pack and unpack. For this lunch, I’ll put them in ugly aluminium tin foil. No need to wash some more, so clever! 

2) Nice christmassy table set up with placemat, cutleries wrapped in napkin with a napkin ring and lovely plates.
In reality : - short of spouting out profanity 🤭, our dining table is small. Can only sit 6 people comfortably, we have 10 people and out of 10, 4 are slim 😂. If we need to place food on the table, am I even able to set placemats etc? 

3) Lovely Christmas jazz playing in the background, and we’re all chatting around the table.
In reality : - Hubby himself will plonk in front of the TV,  then the parents also. Watch Tv and then suddenly you’ll hear someone snoring on the sofa after that. The children will be bored and start playing games or fiddling their handphone in the room. 

4) Nicely decorated Christmas tree with lots of 🎁 
In reality : - I threw away our tree even before we moved. And over the years, we were only in Singapore once during Christmas, so I see no point in getting a tree. I’d have to find a place in my “no place at all” home to put the tree. I had a solution, I used garlands to make one tree on the mirror. Smart! 
🎁 🎁 - I got them as a family gifts. I have no time to look for gifts. Gift giving now is like buying rubbish just to have something to gift people. 

BUT BUT BUT really age matters. I have the thought of doing all these but my brain and hands are tired to move. Once we return home, main priority is to unpack and clean the house, clear all laundry. Need to wash bedsheets also. I think I’ll send some laundry 400m away as well. 






No comments: