Sunday, May 27, 2007

What's the meaning behind our names??

Sometime last year before I popped, I did write down the meanings of my children's names.

Today, I made a discovery.

On this website : http://www.eskimo.com/~elladan/gods/index.html, it says

Aricia - (origin) Roman (Description) A goddess of prophetic visions

I didn't know Aricia is Roman and a goddess?? But well it says good things about my daughter.

Being a little bored, I decided to scroll down to look for my name, and hoping I'm Goddess of fortune or whatever. I can't seem to find my name, so I went to the closest.

Lilith - (origin) Jewish (descripn) A rather startling young lady started out as a wife & became a demoness
Lilith - Mesopotamia/ Sumeria (descriptn) A goddess of storms
Lilitu - Babylon (descriptn) A nocturnal demones who lingers on as the Jewish Lilith
Liluri - Syria (descriptn) Mountain goddesses who accepted a bull for a sacrifice

It doesn't say anything nice about me at all!! Goddess of storms (no wonder my fiery temper) and worst still - demoness

Doesn't say anything about hubby's name. But oh well, not worth mentioning is better than being mentioned and labelled as a demoness!!

No comments: