Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Ms Thermie to the rescue

Lil’ one is gentler in her speech now coz she’s losing voice 🤣. For half of the day, her chao-hee-lang (deaf) mother has been struggling to hear what she’s saying. Can’t be the 🌶️ spices from yesterday’s tom yum soup and basil chicken that triggered her losing her voice right? 

I was still pondering and wondering and mind wandering what to cook for her lunch tomorrow. Even thought of using Ms Thermie to fry her noodles now when she asked to bring barley to school tomorrow but daddy finished the rest of the barley. 

Then decided to boil chrysanthemum drink for her. Boiled 1.5litres. Initially I thought I would be smarter by putting the flowers and other herbs in the simmering basket, so I don’t have to filter it later. But it seems like although the flowers and herbs are submerged 刚刚好 in the water, it doesn’t seem that it’s being cooked. I probably would have wasted 20 mins just stirring rock sugar in water. Poured it into the bowl about 5 minutes later. (Next time I shall put in 2 litres of water and experiment) 


20 minutes later, as I needed Ms Thermie to cook nottie girl’s lunch, I used the strainer and poured the chrysanthemum drink into my saucepan to cool down before transferring into the container. It’s so so fast! I usually  use the ladle and strainer. A tedious messy process follows from straining into plastic measuring cup with spout to the container with two teabags filter over it trapping any smaller particles. Now I only do the teabags filter after pouring into the saucepan.  Ok, now I’m a convert. I shall start boiling all the liang shui in Ms Thermie. Make my $2398(?) worth it. 


Lunch for that troublesome girl
A quick wash after that and I started cooking nottie girl’s lunch for the next day. Used the fried bee tai mak’s recipe. Chaipoh

Not sure how it taste. 不是我吃的、我不管乐趣! I should have used my own old recipe. 


No comments: