Tuesday, August 29, 2023

On This Day - 29th Aug #Reminders from FB#

29th Aug 2022

Because it's too good.

The leftovers from trimming che-che's lavenders.

Kept this in a small box and spreading the lavender smell from her room to the living area.



29th Aug 2017

I've just taught my girl to be selfish.

She loaned her friend a few books sometime in end of May (think she said it was 7 or 8 books). She had to chase after her for the return in July-Aug. Then when she heard from another friend that her storybooks were confiscated in class by their FT (lil' one n friend in diff class), she went up to the teacher to ask if her book was amongst those confiscated. N she blurted out to tchr abt the long overdue books. I told her she shouldn't get the tchr involved. Not nice betraying friend.

Anyway...

...after some chasing, she only returned one

book - The Longest Whale Song. Can see how destroyed her books are. The other Cupcake Diaries book went through her and returned destroyed as well.

I've used another J.Wilson book - Cookie- as well as the books in che-che's bedside shelf to see the comparison at how well our books are maintained.

Her friend has yet to return the rests and then told lil' one she bought her one book in exchange for another book also destroyed. Lil' one told her she wanted the original books back. Anyway, what are we going to do with the extra Harry Potter book? Don't forget I have a die-hard HP fan at home.

I guess I should know the condition of the rests of her books, the remaining 6-7 books.

We will not ask for the return anymore. I told girl never to lend her friend books again. Be a selfish person.





Footnote written in 2020 : And we never got those books back.




29th Aug 2014


Handmade mooncakes by a dear friend. Feeling a little loved.

Footnote written in 2022 : 

A good reminder from FB on these yummy handmade mooncakes.

Tho I like snowskin's skin, I prefer the spiral teochew mooncake. #wasiteochewahnia# and I was so fascinated looking at the neat spirals while rotating the box

Told myself then that I should learn to make the mooncake, I did watch YouTube videos on that.

FFWD 8 years later still nothing is done 🤣. And now nobody likes to eat mooncake.



29th Aug 2014


#exhausted#frustrated#wannasmackmygirlsiftheydar etocomplainagain#dontmesswithagrouchylady#anyo nerequiresentertainmentpleasehelpbabysitthelittleon e#

Really exhausted! For the first time I slept thru steaming till beautician woke me up. Been on solo since hubby left to work in July. I'm exhausted mentally & physically handling everything all by myself. Argh!!!!!!




29th Aug 2012


Conversation between me n lil' one

A: Mummy, how do u read that one?

M:潮州鱼圆粿条面。

A:What is 潮州?

M: Its a dialect group. I means a province, a very big city. Mummy's a #), do u know what is your dialect group?

A: (gave me a vy blur look)

M:你是哪个洲人

A: (eyes widened n smiling) I know.... 肉粥 eh no no I'm a 鱼粥 or maybe Shark 粥, correct?

* slap head* message not brought across obviously.


No comments: