Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Ballet

Che-che and myself are not into watching ballet performance, both of us appreciates musicals; music. However, there's always a first time in everything. And this first time for her proves to be her last time. 

Lil' one has been bugging me to bring her watch a ballet performance for quite some time. And when this Nutcracker by our very own SDT ran advertisements, I thought I'll let her watch this as she'd find the music familiar as they do dance to some of the songs in her ballet class.     

6th Dec - Nutcracker




Excited girl 

In the so familiar Esplanade. Che-che appreciates music and she'll tell me things about the instruments etc..
At the end of the performance, the moment the curtains closed for good and lights came on, che-che turned to me and yawned. Eyes red and she said "so boring"
Truth to be, I was also feeling quite fidgety in there except for lil' one. 

Then came another one. Swan Lake - begged me for so many years. Finally there's one performance that is right after her exams. I didn't inform che-che only the day before that she wasn't going. She's more happy than anything, said she didn't mind being alone at home (hubby is out of town). 

8th May - Swan Lake

Held in Mediacorp. She was so excited telling me and showing me where they went during their LJ 




3rd row from the front. I don't like the seats. I think this is where they held the Star Awards?  



We were able to pre-order our snacks for intermission break. This is a really good idea, not sure if they do have this in Esplanade coz' we're usually rushing for time after queuing for a long time for a toilet break. Tho' there was a queue for collection but it only took us less than 5 mins to collect our food. Even the toilet queue is longer so she gave up and came back to me to have her snack first. 

Lil' one ordered sausage and potato and she likes it. After gorging down her snacks, rushed her to the toilet for pee and we made it back in time. At least this time round, my lil' troublesome grandma didn't complain she's hungry  

Curtain call - I saw so many people whipped up their handphones. So 不拍白不拍 right, so I joined in.










Longer drive home so lil' one fell asleep in the car while I struggled to keep my eyes open and brain unwind from all the twirling around on stage.

No comments: