Monday, June 26, 2017

(Backup) Our Pact - sent from heaven

As the girls gets older, we're on constant battle over the usage of phone. I scold che-che over her "big business" when she walks and looks at her phone in the mall, I don't even know why she complains she's tired of sitting down doing her work then if she's not looking at things in the mall?! While the internet is a great learning tool, it can also be the worst when the child can't have any self-control. Haha! Even adults have no self-control! But the worrying part is neglecting her studies. 

I've seen the sponsored advertisements in Facebook before, but then it was only iphone to iphone compatible. And honestly, lil' one don't fiddle that much like her sister. 

That’s why instead of scolding the girls, all I need to do is to control their schedule and .... lock their apps from the other room. All I hear is the "Oyy!" Being an IT idiot, I was surprised that the set up was much easier than I expected. It took me about 15 minutes to complete the entire set up and the girl's phones were C.O.N.T.R.O.L.L.E.D by this Master Brain. 
The entire app can be 100% customized to their week and daily routine. Like for example, che-che needs to go over to the tutor's house on Thursdays from school herself, so I extend the usage time for her.
So, what does OurPact App do?  

With the OurPact App I have the power to:

  • Block girls' Internet across all synced Apple and Android devices
  • Block girls' Apps (Facebook, Snapchat, Musicaly, Instagram) across all synced Apple and Android Devices
  • Schedule Internet and App use according to girls' daily routine
  • Set a limit to the number of hours I allow them to spend on the Internet and within Apps. Like sometimes che-che would ask me if I could turn on google for her coz she needed to check something
  • Block Internet and Apps at-a-touch
You can opt for the free OurPact where there's limitations. I opted for the paid subscription, this money is definitely well-spent.   
Although, I am a SAHM and I'm almost everywhere with them after school so I feel so much safer knowing the OurPact app provides me with a little bit of control for the kids when I expect them to be doing their homework or studying. 
Thank you so much for the creator. You've done a great deed to all parents out there. Muack!

No comments: