Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The life of a Camper

I hate camping! I hate the outdoor! And guess what my life is all about now? Camping! Every day I camp, not good for my reputation as a tai-tai wannabe. Now as I am posting this entry, I'm camping out.(thank God for IPhone that I can go into Internet ,now cannot curse and swear over this phone.... Luvvvv this phone. smooch)

My life - Everyday I drop Athena in school at 7.15am. After that I go over to Aricia's school. Most of the time I will stop the car somewhere first, so she can nap longer or spend some time playing with her. If she's napping, I'll be doing my things. Once I drop her in at around 7.35-7.40 on most days or later(depends). The rest of the time till 12pm is my free time. Running errand not forgetting the time the mall opens around 10.45-11am, reminds me that my dreams of being a tai-tai shopping or pampering myself was just bullshitting. Truth is how the heck am I going to go for facial which is 2 1/2 hrs with my beautician in Simei and be able to pick Ari?? Shopping I managed so far just covering 2 shops and that's about it. I'm such a pro in camping out that I bring things out to do,optimising precious time.(how I wish I could bring my lappie out with me and prepare flashcards. N all I need to do is to print at home. But no......no Internet connection n before I worry about Internet, gotta think where to charge my battery-old lappie battery life short) I've tried pasting papers on flashcards in the car, only to have the clumsy me struggling in the small work area-my seat. Gave up and went to MacD, hogged a seat for 2hrs and completed everything, went window shopping thereafter.

I can also gym, which I will resume back in Feb. Nowadays I do head back home more often coz I am trying to do some housekeeping in my lappie, post the children's outdated blog entries, print Ari's things. By then 3 hours is up ( very short)and I leave house to pick Ari up at 12.15-12.25pm.

Camping starts again!! Normally in the morning, KZ helps me pack snacks like bread, bun for the children. I pick Ari up, and immediately now she asks me for "bread bread", eats with the HK tray table. I drive to nearby MSCP to hide out. I drive by Marine Parade Rd n sees cars lining up the side gate as early as 12.25pm under the hot sun. I wonder if they ever left their engine running- I don't! Wasting $ n supposedly sometimes I do close my eyes for 15mins , I worry if I'll oversleep n die of Carbon monoxide inhalation and....its so hot out there! I must hide out coz I do have to think of Ari.
Like clock, she finishes her snack n asks for pacifier. I dont even have to count to 20, she's already in her kuningland. Then free time for me, i keep myself occupied. At 1.30pm sharp (10mins more) I start my engine n pick Ath up. She snacks in car, we head back home and that's another story which I live to tell complain.

I thought with the children in school, I should be able to accomplish alot. But fact is, no. I get busy with the kids till they sleep. Then I go online n before I can really print things hubby wants to sleep. So i end up bookmarking more ideas for materials while still struggling to do housekeeping n end up not printing much. I can't sleep early, tried but can't but end up insufficient sleep.Most times before the lappie auto shutdown, my brain shuts. End up with sleepless nights (insomnia) n exhaustion. Shucks! Maybe I may need to take a short hiatus to blogging... U think I can do it?

Ok, time's up. I've spent my "camping time" on blogging today.

No comments: