Saturday, November 29, 2008

The victim

I often think that my lil' girl is one I should not worry, she won't let others bully her. But I think I am wrong.
Or perhaps she knew she's older than Iggy, so she gave in.

She will fight with che-che over toys but she gives in to Iggy. Which I think leads to Iggy being spoilt. He cries for no reason; he deliberately bangs his head against the wall; he hits the children. Tell him to stop he does it again. You hit his palm when he's naughty; he gives you the other palm.
I know this could be a passing phase and he will get over it but ... he doesn't seem to understand that we're lecturing him.

So far he's hit Aricia a couple of times (during the time when KZ was on home leave), he snatched the things away from her very roughly. He hugged her until the 2 of them fell and the last one made Aricia remember it so well - she refuse to let him hug her or when we suggests "hug hug" she screams a loud "NO" and runs away. Oh well, goes to show that the hard bump on her head didn't cause her any brain damage.
But it has come to the stage where Aricia is so afraid of him. Mom said that Aricia is over- reacting. I said it's not, it's coz' she knows it has happened more than 3 to 4 occasions. Hit her once twice, she cried but then stopped and continued playing with him. Hit again etc.... after some time my daughter also not stupid not?! She's afraid of him. So whatever fear she has now is really fear. Many times now when I go to mom's place, Aricia will ask me to carry her instead of walking into the house herself.
Then it made me ponder over what mom's reaction - "over reacting". Was she being defensive towards Iggy? Many a times, I feel that they're spoiling him and that his cries is not the real cry but the 'yang or' type and tell them. But still... they continued to hug him. What can I say?
Did mom not understand my lil' girl. She may be the chilli padi everyone calls her. But when she cries real loud and when you see a total different behaviour, you know something's not right already.

Angry? Don't know to say angry or not lor..........I mean he's still young. But then to have your own precious one (mothers will protect their own) being hit and have that fear, it saddens me. I told myself I'm going to bar them from going close. I'm so afraid it'll do harm to her psychologically.

No comments: