Saturday, August 16, 2008

Homeschool?

I watched the recorded 新加坡妈妈 earlier on today, and really salute the mom for homeschooling her children. She's one of those increasing mothers who have the 300% zeal in nurturing their children. I can't! I am not lazy at all, I do my best to prepare materials but.... I'm tired. Perhaps it's not an excuse coz' if the other mummies can do it, why can't I? I really wonder how they cope.. where do they find the time to find materials. As it is, I am already sacrificing my sleep to prepare materials. But I'm tired! I mean it! The only time I sleep early is when I'm sick and down, that's the time I tell myself to rest now so that next day onwards I can 'chiong'.

Would I homeschool my children? Infact I feel that the materials I have at home is good to start a homeschool (of course still need to expand more) but would I make sure that my monetary expenditure is used up to the maximum?? Ehh.... let's just say my answer is a straight NO! Not when I have 2 difficult kids to handle. One - very ah nia nia. The other keeps fighting with me over the pencil and refuse to let me hold her hand to guide her.

I can give my children an early start + more sessions with them at home, but to have them with me 24/7, 7/365, 365/12??? It's not only I die; they die too! Coz' I'm so impatient - I may end up killing my children.forum smileys

But honestly, like what the mother said " it pays off. " I am happy to see my che-che able to recognize words, to read a sentence and then to read a book on her own. " and the best reward is to have additional knowledge of things in her teeny weeny brain. But like what MH says I tend to lose patience with her coz' I've put in the effort and she's expected to know. It's not only me who feels that she can do it, even her Berries teacher told me " that she knows how to do, the only thing is she's very 粗心大意 - (negligent)" So I do flare up when she gives me wrong answer.

Homeschool? Still No! Not when I am quite score-oriented.

I really wonder if I'll have sufficient time next year. Although they're both in the same session
with them coming home with me at the same time, I will have more than enough time to give them home sessions. ?? Possible?? I really hope so, but I think I'll still be fighting for time. Coz' they will still need their shower + lunch + nap. Which will be a draggy lunch.
I will need to figure out if the 'free period' I have is sufficient for me to prepare materials. Don't forget I bought a book and wants to do it with mei-mei.

2 comments:

Shannon's Mummy said...

Hey! But I find that you are doing very well already!!! Keep it up!

"Sigh" I should be the one worrying.. hahahahaha

Lily Ann said...

sometimes I still find I'm lacking something. You know that kind of feeling like you want to bao-ga-liao everything??