Friday, March 21, 2008

Over the stove and oven

Had been procrastinating the pancake thing for too long already. Today, got down to doing it.

Recipe :

INGREDIENTS: 2 cups all-purpose flour, stirred or sifted before measuring
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 egg, slightly beaten
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 2 tablespoons melted butter
  • PREPARATION:

    Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, combine egg and milk; add to flour mixture, stirring only until smooth. Blend in melted butter. Cook on a hot, greased griddle, using about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake. Cook until brown on one side and around edge; turn and brown the other side. Recipe for pancakes serves 4.

    You know what's the funniest thing, I remembered to get the eggs but forgot the milk. So... I decided to use Athena's EnfaKid. Hee! End result, it didn't taste as dairy nice to me coz' of the milk I used but Athena's happy with it. Hey! It's the one and only pancake with all the DHA, AHA and dunno what other As inside okay hor?

    The bear on the left is the first piece. Put too close to the fire and it's chao-tah.
    Left : first piece for this Hello Kitty. Look! This time round I was afraid of chao-tah.. ended up looking quite uncooked. Hee!
    Athena enjoying the pancakes. Bottom left pictures looks like she's forced to thumbs up for me. Hahaha!
    It's easy to do the pancakes but very tiring, having to stand infront of the hot stove frying one piece by piece. That's why I hate cooking!
    Of course I did the smartest thing. Mass produced in bulk then put them in freezer.

    **************************************************************
    I am tired but I just got to do the cupcakes. Fine tune my cupcakes to make it nice. Change a little variation.
    Threw in Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips and walnuts for the plain- looking ones. As for the brown ones, I melted the remaining chocolate chips and stired into the remaining mix. Umm... that one is nice.
    (in this picture, you notice some nice ones and some seemed too little for the liner. That's because the liner is too big for the cupcake holder. I used both the muffin tin and those unsightly ones are silicone Wilton cupcake cups.)

    No doubt all the chocolate chips kindda sink to the bottom coz' of weight.
    My supporter helped herself to the cuppie even before asking me for permission
    The chocolaty ones. The top looks hard and I can't explain why

    Aricia enjoying herself
    The nice ones are packed up for mom
    And these are ours!

    No comments: