Monday, March 15, 2010

Bread

We ran out of bread. Too lazy to go out to buy just a loaf of bread so decided to bake one. Anyway, it's been quite some time since I last made any bread.

I found it strange that my dough didn't rise. I can't decipher what was wrong. I thought "ok check the bread flour". Wah... expiry date : 16th Mar 2010. And I didn't check before baking?? Actually not expired yet coz' today's 15th. That's what I don't like about bread flour. They expire very fast and though I'd like a bake a fresh loaf of bread every alternate days, I just don't have the time. And don't ask me to get a bread machine coz' I like the labourous way of kneading the dough (with gloves).

Not satisfied, I check online while the bread was in the oven. And I found this . Ding dong me I realised the problem could be that 'opened' yeast. Bread didn't taste that nice either probably so as I used a new recipe.

成功 or 失败? 失败



No comments: