Two consecutive days out was enough to drain me. I buay tahan and decided to stay home today to clear out the fridge.
I dug out this cutesy little toaster that I haven’t used in years. It was hiding behind my Thermomix accessories—out of sight, out of mind! 😜 Honestly, as nice as toasted bread is, a sealed-edge toaster is leychey. Especially when I had to dig out 3 items just to reach out for the toaster. I usually just slap two slices together and pop them in the oven that is outside.
That reminded me of the days I used to make toasted bread for Che-Che when she was in secondary school and JC. Sometimes, her friend K would ask for one too, so I'd prep extra. But those old oven sandwiches are totally different from these modern, sealed-edge toasties!
Bought this no nasties ham months ago, but coz I had it in the freezer the whole time I wasn’t too bothered with the expired ham 🤭. While looking for cheese, I saw that I still have these Japanese sliced food sheets. Goes to show that we rarely eat bread at home, or rather how often do we eat breakfast at home.
Having said that, I would love to make my own ham one day. I found this on YouTube.
No cheese but it’s ok, hubby was going out to pack their lunches so I tasked him to help me buy a pack home. He came back with a promotional 3 packs melty cheese. Oh great! Now I have to deliberately eat bread to clear the remaining 34 slices of cheese.
I didn’t want to make a mess on the stove so chose this easy way out with the eggs. Look at egg #2 - can see an imprint of Charlie Brown. So cute! If only I can get hold of Miffy & Moomin sandwich plates.
I haven’t used this for a few years so kinda forgot when I should remove the bread, one chaotar bread 🤭.
Toasted to perfection. Cheese oozing out from the middle
Bon appetit





No comments:
Post a Comment