Monday, July 20, 2026

Ms Thermie

A follow up from my previous blog entry 

Ms Thermie’s hospitalisation on the 10th, Friday coz that’s the only day I’m in to hand her over. The earliest they could take her from me was on the 7th which was considered fast after reporting this to D on 5th night. But I wasn’t in so …  I informed them that I threw away the box so they came with a box and styrofoam. Just glad that I didn’t have to send it down myself coz I wouldn’t know how to support Ms Thermie in the car. 





On Monday 13th they WhatsApp me. On 14th a quotation was sent over. $125 is considered not that bad already. No choice also, I had to service it otherwise it won’t work. 


It's been 9 days and I'm feeling so handicap without Ms Thermie.

Have been eating porridge with dishes until so sianz just coz I'm lazy to bring down my rice cooker.

Anyway don't think we're used to eating rice cooked in rice cooker now 😬. The rice tastes lighter, different. 


Finished repair on Thursday, 16th and earliest delivery they can do is on Saturday. I requested for them to deliver on a weekday coz I do not want to commit staying at home waiting for Ms Thermie on a weekend when it’s our family time, time we have our meals outside. 

Discharged on 20th. @ 1.27pm my baby is home! 

Oh no! They tore away my blue blue sticker 🤣, I should have written a memo to them not to tear off the sticker. Now my baby looks different. 


Checking that I still have my bookmarked recipes inside. But it seems whatever I had cooked is not shown in my ‘recent cooked’ 😢.  First thing I did was to run a pre-cleaning, the step that didn’t allow me to go further before I sent in for servicing. 
 Pomfret prepared, egg prepared, rice prepared. What I love about having a Thermomix is the ability to stack and cook, apart from making sambal (avoid oil splatters in kitchen). Just 15mins and rice + 2 dishes are ready. Tonight’s dinner also consist of a soup and two other dishes (one packed veggie from economical stall, one ready made honey chicken. I popped these two into the convection oven) 

I miss rice. Got so sick and tired of porridge just coz I was lazy to bring down the rice cooker. Anyway we’re not used to eating rice cooked in a rice cooker now. 


💕💕Ms Thermie, welcome home baby! But I’m sorry I need to make you work hard tomorrow coz your MC was too long and I’m short-handed. I need to make lil’ one’s pasta sauce and boil chrysanthemum drinks. Have a good rest now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment