Friday, July 10, 2026

Broke own record



Broke own record of going to Orchard 3x this week. We don’t go Orchard that often now, myself included. But if I do, I always like to drop by Kinokuniya to flip through books. I don’t buy books unless it’s the Japanese books I want. 


7th July (Tue)

No school for lil’ one. Arranged for her IGARD eye therapy. 
And me being the lazy 一出门就全部做到完 person, brought her to take her passport photo at Lucky Plaza (intending to apply it end of the month for her). She was happy to go Lucky Plaza as she wants to buy her bubble tea. Not easy to find ShareTea now.
Parked car at Lucky Plaza, 📸, then walked over to Takashimaya to look for Nakayoshi.sweets cookies. I just saw in their Instagram they’re in SIN. Infact, it’s not the first time they’re here. I don’t go into their Instagram page that often. 


Check out their magical fairytale cookie tins at the pop-up stall. Lined up with special promotions :

• Buy 2, Get the 3rd at 30% OFF

Buy 3, Get the 4th at 50% OFF (lowest-priced item

discounted)



So many cute pretty cookies, can’t decide what to buy. Although there’s promotion to take advantage of, I won’t be able to finish the cookies on my own.
Eventually I chose this : Alice through the looking glass themed cookies. 

Excited to try them at home

I waited at Mos Burger while she went for her therapy. Thank goodness there won’t be a string of therapies she has to go through, I don’t have to keep sitting and waiting for her outside. Sometimes it’s nice to be away from home and housework BUT it means I’m just evading them temporarily coz ultimately I’m still the only one doing them. I’m really tired.


 Came to look for me and she had some snacks. 

I miss the claypot bee tai mak. Packed dinner at close to 3pm 🤣 then it’s time to head home. 
Ok. So I get questioned if I cook daily. No, I don’t and in days when I am out, I’d rather pack dinner home coz I do not want to further tire myself (when cooked dinner means it’s dishes + rice). For the context even like today when I reach home at close to 4pm, if I need to cook dinner it means I have to cook now to get dinner ready by 6pm. I really want to take my life easier by pre-marinating and steaming food but I’ve got a fussy family who all thinks that they live to eat. 



8th July (Wed) 

I had to meet Miss Lock before lil’ one comes for the testings. She needed to speak to me to get some understanding, afterall she wasn’t the one who saw her 4 years ago. Will blog about this another time, if I remember. 
Forum Shopping Mall is a dead place. Only McDonald has more human activity. 



Coz I know there’s no place for me to pack dinner and I never liked the idea of driving n parking somewhere else to pack food, I had asked the man to pack it in the morning. Reached home and started warming up the dishes and cooked porridge. Sick n tired of porridge now, I’m going to hug Ms Thermie tight tight when she comes back.


10th July (Fri)

I thought two days in a row to town was bad, but the night before (Thu) told me she ends work at 1pm the next day and she wants to go down Orchard. What?! But I had for the courier to pick up Ms Thermie for servicing which we are always left dangling in the air with the wide time frame. I was hesitant to go out, almost wanted to give her the car key and ask her to go herself and meet her sister later. But ….. 难得 she still wants to stick to us, so better go 吧!

After Ms Thermie was picked up, we went to Orchard. Lil’ one will meet us there after school.

We walked around first. And I tell you it’s really boring when you’re not a shopaholic. Walking in Orchard is really walking mindlessly and getting the 10k steps for the sake of the steps. That’s it! We don’t go into the shops, we don’t even window shop, if window shopping means stop outside a boutique. Basically it’s two horses with blinkers walking straight just to kill time. A trip to Orchard is incomplete if I don’t drop by Kinokuniya.  Where I picked up a book.


This other book is interesting. Filled with recipes on making the mee, mee pok, kuey teow and even broths. Only the girls ❤️ Japanese food. Aiyah! I dunno how many times I need to say this but cooking for them is really very frustrating mind boggling. 

Just attaching the YouTube account I came across some time back on ramen noodles making. I need to make use of my Kitchenaid pasta maker attachment. 

Honestly I would have stayed longer in Kinokuniya if I was alone. It’s good that they don’t wrap up the books now so I’m able to flip thru the books before a decision to buy. The ramen book will KIV till the next time coz I need lots of translation help 😂 with that book. 


Last year lil’ one was gifted a $60 voucher. Initially I wanted to get a new ironing board - a Leifheit, but I’m not sure why the official store in Shoppee sells it cheaper. 没东西买 so che-che was lucky to be the recipient. 


I love Venchi chocolates, especially Chocoviar Gianduia. 



Ladurée returned to SIN on May 13th this year, after 6 years of absence

Everything looks good 



Happy! I love Ladurée. Next stop - Pierre Hermé  😂

Seriously? We’re doing too much of rubbish snacks shopping






che-che’s : Strawberry-Curd White, FrischSchoggi Orange Almond Dark

lil’ one’s : FrischSchoggi Rocher Milk

mine : FrischSchoggi Hazelnut Dark



Dinner at Tampopo. This is the reason why che-che wanted to come here. Took us some time to place our order coz we usually forget what membership we have, so l tried logging in and lo and behold found out I'm a member. Turns out che-che is a member too (and she was asking herself/us when was she a member?). Continues telling us she has zero points. I wanted to show off so told her "I'm a member. I'm a silver member!" (coz I thought there's bronze tier)

Che-che : "Duh! That's basically the lowest tier!" Rolls her eyes at me. Then she pushed the table display to me. 🤣

Haha! The staff was laughing at us. I want to haolian also cannot.



Che-che’s usual order of cheese tonkotsu ramen

lil’ one’s ever so boring plain udon + chawanmushi (not shown here)

Acai project. I missed having this for weeks when we were in Katong area. Somehow the glutton us go on a food binge-ing then we’re too full to eat acai. 
We were still full from dinner but shared one coz we didn’t want to stroll in the mall and wanted to get home quickly. 
“You don’t eat all the butter huh?!” che-che told me. Coz the last time I saw one huge chunk left so I ate and she was grouching that she was saving the best for last. Haha! Just like me … but that was my LAST coz I would be behind the wheels for the next 25-30mins or so 

We wanted to buy warabi mochi drink home but too full and fridge is packed full. I missed having my black sesame soy milk warabi mochi drink. 


Back at home. That’s where our money went 🤣. No LV, Hermes, no shoes no clothes but snacks. Feeding the tam-chiak kids

It’s a chocolate feast! I didn’t take any picture of Venchi chocolates, and I don’t remember what else I took apart from my favourite. Majority of the chocs here are che-che’s

Okay, somebody needs to take me to Italeeeeeeeee. 




I think these are the flavours, I only chose 4, the other half is che-che’s 





No comments:

Post a Comment